Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My babies are growing up too fast.

It has really hit me lately that I will never have a newborn again. Gracie has two teeth.  She's my youngest, by two whole minutes.  Rebekah is getting two teeth. Once they're in, I'll never have a toothless baby again.  They're both crawling, Rebekah has started pulling up a little bit.  Gracie has gone over the 20 pound mark, Rebekah is right at 19.  Not too shabby for my little 4 and 5 pound preemies, I think. 

Both of the babies are now sleeping in their cribs.  Aidan is also sleeping in his toddler bed, but it is still in my room.  Baby steps.  He has slept with me, touching me, pushing me out of the bed since he was 9 months old.  I kind of miss having him right there, but my back doesn't.  I am so proud of the girls for how easily they've adapted to their beds from sleeping in swings most all their lives.

They are great eaters.  Oh, my gosh, do they eat.  Anything soft or crispy.  They've had meat, they've had fresh fruit, they've had a lot of "people food."  They love it, but still love their baby food, too.  Aidan is quite obsessed with buying baby food.  We were at WalMart buying a few jars to supplement what I already had here, and when I got home, there were a few jars of odd flavors that I would never have bought.  Pears and carrots, anyone?  Not two jars, a jar of pears and carrots, mixed together.  No, thank you.  But, the girls ate it and loved it.  Gag. I can only assume that he slipped a few jars into the cart.

I am so proud of my kids.  Every day, I'm amazed that they're really here, and they're really mine.  That has never worn off.  Aidan is getting closer to four years old, and I'm still in awe that he's mine.  I am so grateful for my kids.  All 4 of them.  Man, I miss Landon.  I was looking at pictures of him this evening.  He was so pretty.  I wish he could be here with us. Our family  needs him.  We have him, we have memories and pictures, but, oh, what I'd give for a hug and kiss from my littlest son.

So, the girls will be 1 in less than 2 months.  I've begun scheming and planning their party.  There's going to be rainbows galore.  Well, a lot of rainbows, anyway.  We're having the party at our church, in the fellowship hall.  I will buy a different color cover for each table.  The veggie and fruit trays will be arranged in rainbows.  I plan to experiment with Royal Icing, and I would like to make rainbows to decorate the cakes and sugar cookies.  I've never worked with it before, so it could present a challenge.  I've read that hardened Royal Icing can last for months, or even years, so I'm actually going to start practicing soon. 

THe first thing I bought for the girls was a rainbow dress for each, size newborn.



This is them, in their dresses.  They were probably six weeks old here, maybe seven.  Gracie is on the left, Bekah on the right.

I was at Burlington Coat Factory Saturday night, and found them in size 12 months.  I bought them, for the girls to hopefully wear to their birthday party!  I say hopefully because they're in 12 months now, but have just grown into it, and also because I live in Ohio, and their birthday is at the beginning of April.  It could very well snow, or just as easily be hot.  But, I can deal with weather issues.  Just hope that the dresses will somewhat fit.  Less than 2 months, they still have a bit of growing room, I'm going to be optimistic and say that's what they're wearing to their party.





It is getting much harder to snap good pictures of them together, so this picture is extra special to me. 



Rebekah's favorite pasttime


Gracie being cute



They're both finally sitting.  This is a new thing for Rebekah, even though she's the one pulling up!!

These are all phone pictures, so they're not the best quality, but I just wanted to share my little darlins with you.  I hope to get better about posting again!! 

Oh, and by the way, a prayer I've prayed for a long time has been answered. I have a fellow babyloss mama, who had been trying for a lot of years to get pregnant, had concieved only once, and miscarried very early (two years ago!!!)  She had been trying ever since her miscarriage, with no luck.  She had gone to great lengths to try to conceive.  Well, she's pregnant now, and has seen her baby's heartbeat. I cried the happiest tears imaginable when she told me her news. In fact I shouted and scared my husband!!!
 I still pray, and ask anyone who reads this that prays, to pray for her, that her baby will be born safe, healthy, and on time.  Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Your story is heartbreaking. Every baby loss story is. I just want to give you a big hug. We lost our daughter Leia Sky at 35 weeks. We are trying again and pray that when we have another daughter her middle name can be Leia. I really like your blog been reading for a while. Just thought I'd finally speak up. Please feel free visit mine www.letterstoleia.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't seen you post in awhile. I hope that you are doing alright. Thinking of you!!

    ReplyDelete